Tuition, room and board fees for 2019
EARTH University highly subsidizes the educational costs of all of our students, and the annual fee charged for tuition, room and board represents only a portion of the actual annual cost per student.
The fee charged by the University for tuition, room and board for 2019 is $27,997. For the 2019-2022 class, this fee will increase by 3.2 percent annually each subsequent year of study.
This fee includes:
• 11 months of coursework, Monday through Friday 6:30 a.m.-6:00 p.m. and Saturdays 6:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
• 10:1 student to faculty ratio
• Intensive, experiential academic program leading to a licenciatura degree (between a bachelor’s and a master’s degree of science) in just four years
• A global education with students and faculty from more than 30 countries, international internships and community immersion
• Room and board (3 meals/day) for 11 months
• Equipment, lab fees, books, copies and class materials
• Use of computer laboratories and library facilities
• All expenses related to off-campus academic activities and field trips
• All academic-related transportation
• Student life activities, sporting events, concerts, extracurricular classes and workshops
• International health insurance
• 24-hour on-site medical attention with full-time physician on-staff
• Mental health counseling
An EARTH education is within reach for all students. We offer personalized financial aid packages, which may include scholarship awards and/or loans, based on a thorough assessment and verification of the financial capacity of each student.
What is financial aid?
Financial aid may include a scholarship award and/or student loan. A scholarship is a financial gift that covers all or a portion of the cost of study and does not require repayment. A student loan is a credit issued by a bank for which they charge interest. Repayment of student loans generally begins six months after graduation, giving alumni sufficient time to establish themselves in the labor market.
How does EARTH prepare financial aid packages?
The criteria used to prepare financial aid packages are:
1. The results of admissions interviews and academic aptitude test;
2. The availability of scholarships; and,
3. The results of a thorough economic study of the families of admitted students to ensure that packages fairly and accurately account both for a student’s need for financial support and the extent to which his/her family is able to make a contribution to the costs of an EARTH education.
How can I apply for a scholarship?
The first step is to apply to EARTH. If you are selected, EARTH will request the completion of a financial aid form to determine your eligibility for financial aid.
Is financial aid at EARTH merit or need-based?
Both need and merit are taken into account when determining financial aid packages, though the need of the student is the principal factor.