ANNOUNCEMENT OF FACULTY POSITION
EARTH University is a private, not-for-profit institution, dedicated to education in agriculture and natural resource management. EARTH is a four-year residential undergraduate institution with approximately 400 students coming from 35 countries, mostly in Latin America, the Caribbean, and Africa. EARTH’s educational model is based on the principles of student-centered and experiential learning. All professor positions are focused on the role of teaching.
EARTH University invites applications from qualified candidates interested in being considered for the position described below.
PROFESSOR- POST-HARVEST MANAGEMENT LEARNING FACILITATOR
The candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor´s degree in agronomy, biology, or chemistry with a graduate degree (preferably a doctorate) in biology and the post-harvest technology of fruits and vegetables.
- Experience in the subjects of physiology and biochemistry of fruits, engineering, food safety, phytopathology, quality and the use of technologies for the improvement of the post-harvest storage life of fruits and vegetables.
- Experience in advising productive companies (packaging, maturing, marketing, and supermarkets, among others).
- Research experience in the aforementioned areas.
- Demonstrated teaching excellence. (Attach evaluations.)
- Skills in the use of information and communication technologies in face-to-face and virtual environments.
- Fluent written and oral English and Spanish.
- Excellent abilities in inter-disciplinary and multicultural teamwork.
- Availability to live and work in a rural area.
- Facilitate the student learning of principles, skills, and practical experiences in post-harvest techniques and their importance through the development of topics such as: increasing the shelf life, conserving quality and reducing post-harvest losses of fresh fruits and vegetables, analyzing pre-harvest biological, cultural, and environmental factors, physiological processes during ripening and senescence, and harvesting, conditioning, packaging, storage, and transportation operations.
- Advise the Post-Harvest Laboratory and other academic farms. Facilitate student learning through principles and applied experiences in a multicultural and diverse environment.
- Participate in outreach activities of the University and support the activities of the International Academic Relations Office.
- Participate in research projects, in the Work Experience course and other activities that involve students of the University and in scientific or professional activities in your field.
- Support other activities of the academic program and provide service to the University (in both campuses: Guácimo, Limón and Liberia, Guanacaste) that contribute to the integral education of the student.
EARTH offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. EARTH also has residential options available in a multicultural environment inside our Campus.
Candidates should send a cover letter describing their qualifications for the position and their teaching philosophy, a copy of their curriculum vitae and contact information for three references including phone numbers and e-mails and Skype contact. References will be contacted only if the candidates are selected as finalists. Send all documents to:
Yanine Chan Blanco
Dean of Academic Affairs