ANNOUNCEMENT OF FACULTY POSITION
EARTH University is a private, not-for-profit institution dedicated to education in agriculture and natural resource management. EARTH is a four-year residential undergraduate institution with 400 students coming from 40 countries, mostly in Latin America, the Caribbean and Africa. EARTH’s educational model is based on the principles of student centered and experiential learning. All professor positions are centered on the role of teaching.
EARTH University invites applications from qualified candidates interested in being considered for the position described below. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.<(p>
PROFESSOR FOOD PROCESSING
The candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- Postgraduate degree (preferably a doctorate) in one of the following areas: Food Technology or Food Engineering.
- Extensive practical experience in the development of products such as fruits/vegetables, dairy and meat products.
- Experience consulting for productive enterprises in the agri-food sector.
- Experience in personnel management
- Demonstrated teaching excellence. (Attach evaluations.)
- Fluent written and oral English and Spanish
- Excellent abilities in inter-disciplinary and multicultural teamwork
- Availability to live and work in a rural area
- Facilitate students learning principles, skills and practical experiences in food processing techniques and their importance, through the development of topics such as: composition of food, factors that affect quality, chemistry and microbiology of the foods, unitary operations, and methods of preservation, marketing, hygiene and industrial safety.
- Be in charge of the technical supervision of the Food Processing Laboratory, Dairy Plant and Post-Harvest Laboratory.
- Facilitate learning in a multicultural and diverse environment.
- Participate in outreach activities of the University and support the activities of the International Academic Relations Office.
- Participate in research projects, in the Work Experience course and other activities that involve students of the University and in scientific or professional activities in your field.
- Support other activities of the academic program and provide service to the University (in both campuses: Guácimo, Limón and Liberia, Guanacaste) than contribute to the integral education of the student.
EARTH offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. EARTH also has residential options available in a multicultural environment inside our Campus.
Candidates should send a cover letter describing their qualifications for the position and their teaching philosophy, a copy of their curriculum vitae, and contact information for three references including phone numbers and e-mails and skype contact. References will be contacted only if the candidates are selected as finalists. Send all documents to:
Yanine Chan Blanco
Dean of Academic Affairs