ANNOUNCEMENT OF FACULTY POSITION
EARTH University is a private, not-for-profit institution dedicated to education in agriculture and natural resource management. EARTH is a four-year residential undergraduate institution with approximately 400 students coming from 40 countries, mostly in Latin America, the Caribbean, and Africa. EARTH’s educational model is based on the principles of student-centered and experiential learning. All professor positions are focused on the role of teaching.
EARTH University invites applications from professionals interested in the academic position described below:
PROFESSOR OF AGRICULTURAL MECHANICS
The candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- Academic degree of agronomist or agricultural or forestry engineer with a master´s or a doctorate in the area of specialization or a related field, with practical experience in precision agriculture oriented to the operation and management of agricultural and forestry equipment and machinery and mechanical skills.
- Demonstrated teaching excellence. (Attach evaluations.)
- Skills in the use of information and communication technologies in face-to-face and virtual environments.
- Fluent written and oral English and Spanish.
- Excellent abilities in inter-disciplinary and multicultural teamwork.
- Availability to live and work in a rural area.
- Teach courses related to agricultural engineering, oriented to the operation of agricultural equipment and machinery.
- Facilitate the student learning of principles, skills, and theoretical-practical experiences in the operation of agricultural equipment and machinery.
- Form part of the technical work team in the academic and production farms.
- Facilitate student learning through applied principles and experiences in a multicultural and diverse environment.
- Participate in outreach activities of the University and the International Academic Relations Office.
- Participate in research projects, in the Work Experience course, and other activities that involve students of the University and in scientific or professional activities in your field.
- Support other activities of the academic program and provide service to the University (in both campuses: Guácimo, Limón, and Liberia, Guanacaste) that contribute to the integral education of the student.
EARTH offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. EARTH also has residential options available inside our multicultural campus.
Candidates should send a cover letter describing their qualifications for the position and teaching philosophy, a copy of their curriculum vitae, and contact information for three references including phone numbers and e-mails. References will be contacted only if the candidates are selected as finalists. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. The document must be sent to:
Yanine Chan Blanco
Dean of Academic Affairs