- At least a master’s degree in statistics, biometrics, econometrics or related areas, preferably with experience in agriculture and natural resources.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching undergraduate statistics of at least two years. (Attach evidence of performance.)
- Skills in the use of information and communication technologies in face-to-face and virtual environments
- Excellent communication skills in Spanish and English.
- Excellent abilities in inter-disciplinary and multicultural teamwork
- Willingness to live, work and travel in rural areas.
- Facilitate student learning of statistics in the different related courses with the support of software (Infostat, R, R Commander, SAS, JMP, etc.) and digital tools.
- Facilitate student learning through principles and applied experiences in a multicultural and diverse environment.
- Support the Graduation Project course and faculty research projects, especially in the area of experimental statistics.
- Participate in research projects, in the Work Experience course and other activities that involve students of the University and in scientific or professional activities in your field.
- Participate in outreach activities of the University and support the activities of the International Academic Relations Office.
- Support other activities of the academic program and provide service to the University (in both campuses: Guácimo, Limón and Liberia, Guanacaste) than contribute to the integral education of the student.
EARTH offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. EARTH also has residential options available in a multicultural environment inside our campus.
Candidates should send a cover letter describing their qualifications for the position and their teaching philosophy, a copy of their curriculum vitae, contact information, three references including phone numbers and e-mails address. References will be contacted only if the candidates are selected as finalists. Send all documents to:
Dean of Academic Affairs
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.