- Postgraduate degree (preferably a doctorate) in one of the following areas: Food Technology or Food Engineering.
- Extensive practical experience in the development of products such as fruits/vegetables, dairy and meat products.
- Experience consulting for productive enterprises in the agri-food sector.
- Experience in personnel management
- Demonstrated teaching excellence. (Attach evaluations.)
- Skills in the use of information and communication technologies in face-to-face and virtual environments
- Excellent communication skills in Spanish and English.
- Excellent abilities in inter-disciplinary and multicultural teamwork
- Willingness to live, work and travel in rural areas.
- Facilitate students learning principles, skills and practical experiences in food processing techniques and their importance, through the development of topics such as: composition of food, factors that affect quality, chemistry and microbiology of the foods, unitary operations, and methods of preservation, marketing, hygiene and industrial safety.
- Form part of the technical team of the different infrastructures of the food unit that serve the university.
- Facilitate student learning through principles and applied experiences in a multicultural and diverse environment.
- Participate in outreach activities of the University and support the activities of the International Academic Relations Office.
- Participate in research projects, in the Work Experience course and other activities that involve students of the University and in scientific or professional activities in your field.
- Support other activities of the academic program and provide service to the University (in both campuses: Guácimo, Limón and Liberia, Guanacaste) than contribute to the integral education of the student.
EARTH offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. EARTH also has residential options available in a multicultural environment inside our campus.
Candidates should send a cover letter describing their qualifications for the position and their teaching philosophy, a copy of their curriculum vitae, contact information, three references including phone numbers and e-mails address. References will be contacted only if the candidates are selected as finalists. Send all documents to:
Dean of Academic Affairs