- Facilitate student learning of:
- Skills in the procedures and arithmetic operations related to variables within the context of agricultural sciences and the management of natural resources.
- Skills in the application of the functional relationship among variables, the differential and integral calculus.
- Logical mathematical skills.
- The teaching of mathematics with the support of software and digital tools.
- Facilitate student learning through principles and applied experiences in a multicultural and diverse environment.
- Participate in outreach activities of the University and support the activities of the International Academic Relations Office.
- Participate in research projects, in the Work Experience course and other activities that involve students of the University and in scientific or professional activities in your field
- Support other activities of the academic program and provide service to the University (in both campuses: Guácimo, Limón and Liberia, Guanacaste) than contribute to the integral education of the student.
- Academic degree of Master´s of Science in mathematics or engineering, preferably with an emphasis in agriculture and natural resources.
- Demonstrated teaching excellence of at least two years in teaching mathematics. (Attach class evaluations).
- Skills in the use of information and communication technologies in face-to-face and virtual environments.
- Excellent communication skills in Spanish and English.
- Excellent ability to work in interdisciplinary and multicultural teams.
- Willingness to live, work and travel in rural areas.
EARTH offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. EARTH also has residential options available in a multicultural environment inside our campus.
Candidates should send a cover letter describing their qualifications for the position and their teaching philosophy, a copy of their curriculum vitae, contact information, three references including phone numbers and e-mails address. References will be contacted only if the candidates are selected as finalists. Send all documents to:
Dean of Academic Affairs