The candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- Facilitate students’ learning of solid and liquid waste management systems.
- Facilitate students with the knowledge of the rules and regulations of to control environmental impact assessments.
- Participate in outreach activities of the University and support the activities of the International Academic Relations Office.
- Participate in research projects, in the Work Experience course and other activities that involve students of the University and in scientific or professional activities in your field.
- Support other activities of the academic program and provide service to the University (in both campuses: Guácimo, Limón and Liberia, Guanacaste).
The profile of the position requires the following qualifications:
- Degree in Environmental Sciences or Engineering, with a Master’s o doctoral degree in the field of specialization and extensive practical experience in the design, implementation and evaluation of integrated waste management systems and water treatment.
- Practical experience in the management of alternative energy systems is desirable.
- Demonstrated teaching excellence. (Attach evaluations.)
- Fluent written and oral English and Spanish
- Excellent abilities in inter-disciplinary and multicultural teamwork
- Availability to live and work in a rural area
EARTH offers a competitive salary and an attractive benefits package. EARTH provides faculty residential options on campus in a multicultural environment.
Candidates should send a cover letter describing their qualifications for the position and their teaching philosophy, a copy of their curriculum vitae, and contact information for three references including phone numbers, e-mail addresses, and Skype contact. References will be contacted only if the candidates are selected as finalists. Send all documents to:
Mrs. Yanine Chan
Dean of Academic Affairs
P.O. Box 4442-1000
San José, Costa Rica
Phone +506 2713-0000
Web page: www.earth.ac.cr